I just finished the next version of Basic Simplicity. I’ve made a few changes that should make it easier to use the theme including support for a full file path for the header background image.
Upgrading? – Watch the upgrade video
Upgrading should be fairly easy but you’ll need to know two things. Backup your current older copy of Basic Simplicity (especially if you made edits to the core theme files, like the index.php file) and you’ll need to fix the header background image. Everything else should be seamless. If you run into trouble please let me know.
- Added full URL to header image.
- Improved nested comments formatting.
- Added multiple page support using <!–nextpage–> tag.
- Added show/hide function to make it easier to hide the posted by, tags and add comment link.
- Housekeeping, changed is_home() to is_front_page().
- Housekeeping, changed get_settings() to get_option().
- Fixed the search form on 404 page
- Added stripslashes to the custom css
- Fixed bug in bottom widgets to allow multiple widgets
As always I’d like to hear what you think and if you run into any bugs or other weirdness. Thanks and enjoy Basic Simplicity 1.4.1.